PLANNING YOUR WEDDING IN GRAND CAYMAN
Getting Married in Grand Cayman
The Cayman Islands Government has made it easy for visitors to get married in this romantic Western Caribbean island trio. You may not know that there is no residency or waiting period required for visitors wishing to get married in Cayman! Our Government amended the Cayman Islands Marriage Law two years ago, eliminating the 72 hour residency period previously required. Couples can now marry on the day they arrive. This means that, with advance planning, visitors arriving by cruise ship can get married during their stay on Grand Cayman.
We make all of the wedding arrangements for our guests. Your marriage license can be applied for by a Cayman Islands wedding officiant on behalf of the the wedding couple for a fee of US$250. This can be coordinated through your wedding specialist at the Westin or through your planner with Celebrations.
Couples will need to provide the following where applicable when applying:
- Marriage Officer's name must be named on the application form.
- Full names of both bride and groom.
- Both parties permanent addresses in their country of residence.
- Temporary address while in Cayman.
- Occupation of both parties.
- Father's name of both parties.
- Valid passports or visas and photo identification.
- Provide original divorce(s) if divorced or widowed.
- Two witnesses present for the ceremony.
- Proof of parental consent if one or both of the parties is under the age of 18.
- Couple must arrange for a Marriage Officer.
- Non resident couples must apply for a special marriage license granted by the governor - it is possible to obtain the special license the same day of application.
- Cayman Islands International Immigration Department pink slip showing proof of entry or boarding passes from their cruise ship or other documents proving they are passengers legally in port.
- The fee of CI$200 (US$250), together with a CI$10 (US$12.50) postage stamp (stamp duty), must accompany the documents. This does not include the services of the minister performing the ceremony.
In addition to the special license which may be granted by the Governor, marriages can take place in the Islands on the authority of certificates issued by a civil registrar or marriage officer. Most of the Islands' ministers of religion are marriage officers, appointed by the Governor, and a civil registrar is one by virtue of his office. All marriages must be attended by a marriage officer and by two other witnesses. Marriages must take place between the hours of 6 a.m. and 8 p.m., and with doors to the premises open.
Couples arriving onboard cruise ships can expedite the process by contacting the Purser and informing him of their wedding plans and asking him to call ahead to the ship's agent for assistance in Cayman.
You can rest assured that your Westin coordinator will make this process easy and seamless for you! We also work with Celebrations, a local company that offers services, including arranging the license, marriage officer, ceremony music, photography, and flowers.
Floor Plans | Wedding Guide | Wedding Venues | Wedding Offers | Celebrations Weddings Packages
Wedding Venues | Wedding Packages | Honeymoon Registry | Testimonials | View Entertainment List